This policy is applicable to those who access the Platform, or whose information we otherwise receive as part of our services (such as contact details of individuals associated with us including partners) (hereinafter collectively referred as users). For the purposes of this policy, the terms you and your shall mean the individual who is accessing the Platform.
Personal Information types collected by us:
Personal information refers to any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person such as name, location data, identification number, an online identifier or one or multiple factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person and any other information that is so categorised by laws applicable.
Information collected about you and/or your usage is used to provide greater services and offerings.
Personal information that we gather, and how we gather the same depends on how you interact with us. The categories of personal information we gather along with the modes of collection are as below –
- We may collect your name, mobile number, email addresses, password, country, nationality, gender, present location, city and organisation or company you are associated with when you register as a job seeker or an employer or when you configure an alert on the platform;
- We may gather information which you may usually include in a resume which includes, name, contact details such as email addresses and mobile numbers, date of birth, educational qualifications, work experience and data related to your current and past employments, renumeration/ salary, a copy of your resume/CV/ cover letter, photographs, visa and work status when you sign up on the platform;
- We may collect information regarding the services that you use and how you use them which includes log and locational information when you are a user of our services via our platform;
- We may gather personal information such as name, age, contact details, preferences of employment, etc. through forms and surveys when you opt to participate in these surveys and polls;
- We may collect information regarding whether you are eligible for any affirmative action policies or programs if you choose to provide such information;
- When you communicate with us or leverage the platform to communicate with other users such as partners, we may collect information about your communication and any information that you choose to provide;
- When you use a device to visit the platform, we may collect technical or other related information from the device including the device location;
- In the scope of law, we may record and monitor your communication with us to ensure compliance with our regulatory and legal obligations as well as our internal policies.
How we may use your personal information:
We will only use your personal information in a just and appropriate way and where we have a reason to do so lawfully.
Our usage of your personal information is dependent on the purpose for which you interact with us. We may use your personal data for the below purposes –
- Providing our services and products to you including sending job alerts to you, pertinent search results and recommended jobs and/or candidates (as per the case);
- Giving career news and updates, employment related promotions from third-party platforms, services from partner sites via SMS or email (only if you have subscribed for the same and in order to unsubscribe please check your email preferences page);
- Safeguard our users and giving you customer support;
- Data collected from cookies and other technologies is used by us to provide a better user experience and to improve the quality of our services. While making tailored advertisement visible to you, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or other similar technologies with categories that are sensitive in nature for example those based on religion, race, health or sexual orientation;
- Refine the content and the platform in order to come up with better services and features;
- Sending information to you regarding our services and products for the purpose of promotions;
- Undertaking surveys, polls and market research with the goal of improving our services and products;
- To the extent needed for verification of identity, government sanctions screening and due diligence
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
Cookies & Tracking Technologies:
You can configure most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie or you may opt to block cookies with your browser. However, note that if you opt to erase or block cookies, you will have to re-enter your credentials to get access to some parts of the platform.
Information like internet domain, host names, IP addresses, web browser software, operating system, clickstream patterns and date & times that our platform was accessed are the examples of data that might be recorded by tracking technologies. The use of our cookies and tracking technologies helps us to enhance and improve our platform and improve the digital experience on our website. Information that does not contain personal information may be analysed for patterns, trends and statistics by us.
Grounds for collection and processing of your personal information
Your personal information is gathered and processed by us based on the below mentioned legal grounds depending on the nature of personal information and the reason for which it is processed –
In certain cases we rely on your consent to process your personal information. If we require your consent to gather and process some personal information, as per requirements of applicable data protection laws, we seek your consent at the time of collection of your personal information and such processing will only take place where consent is obtained.
Legal obligation compliance:
We may process your personal information only to the extent such processing is needed for us to comply with a legal obligation. For example, if we are required to disclose your personal information to reply to an order of court or if we are obligated to retain certain records for a stipulated period to comply with needs of laws applicable.
Sharing of information & Disclosure:
Access to your personal information is restricted to employees who we think reasonably need to know that information to discharge their jobs in order to provide, develop or improve our products or services.
We do not divulge, transfer or share your personal information with others, except for the following exceptions:
- Partners to the extent needed for carrying out our internal business and/or administrative reasons and/or general corporate operations and to provide our services;
- In case of acquisition, merger, financing or sale of assets or a situation of transfer of some or all of our business assets we may disclose personal information to those who are involved in the negotiation or transfer;
- Third party service providers and marketing partners that we engage with to provide services over the Platform on our behalf; maintain the Platform and mailing lists; or communicate with you on our behalf about offers relating to its products and/or services. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect your Personal Information and are also subject to appropriate confidentiality / non-disclosure obligations;
We do not intend to share your personal information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on our behalf unless such transfer is legally needed. If your personal information is shared outside India, we will take the necessary steps to safeguard your personal information in conformity with data protection laws applicable.
Third Party Content:
In order to use this platform, you agree that you must be the minimum age (described in the below mentioned para) or older. The minimum age for these purposes is eighteen (18) but if applicable local laws require you to be older for us to be able to lawfully provide the services on the platform to you, then that age will apply as the applicable minimum age. If you are below this aforementioned minimum age, you must use the platform under parental, or legal guardian supervision.
Retention of Personal Information:
Personal information of users will not be retained by us for any longer that it is necessary for the reasons for which it is processed and/ or in conformity with applicable regulatory or legal obligations. At the end of such periods, users’ personal information will be deleted or archived as per laws applicable.
Controlling your personal information:
You are entitled to invoke your rights available to data principals or subjects (per regulations and laws applicable) with respect to your personal information which is being processed by us. We provide you with the ability to update your personal information and keep it up-to-date and accurate. At any given time, if you would like to rectify, update or correct your personal information; obtain confirmation on whether or not your Personal Information is processed by it; access your Personal Information or exercise your right to data portability; or exercise your right to restrict the continuing disclosure of your Personal Information to any third party by us in certain circumstances, you are requested to contact us using the contact details mentions below. For the exercise of certain rights, you may be required to approach the relevant authority / designated officer as per the provisions of the data protection laws applicable. We may in accordance with the provisions of applicable data protection laws, charge a fee for fulfilling your request, in particular in case of excessive or manifestly unfounded request. Further you acknowledge that the abovementioned rights are not absolute and are subject to limitations as per the applicable data protection laws.
Confidentiality and Security:
We operate accounts and pages on some social media websites in order to engage with our customers and inform and assist them. We keep a track and record of comments and posts made on these channels about ourselves so as to improve our products and services. Kindly note that you must not give out the following information to us via these social media websites –
- Sensitive personal information such as a. special categories of personal information revealing ethnic or racial origin, religious or political affiliations, political opinion, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric information for uniquely identifying a natural person, health data or information pertaining to natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation and b. information pertaining to criminal convictions and offences and national identification number;
- Unrestrained, inappropriate, offensive or defamatory content/
We are not responsible for any information posted on those social media websites other than the information posted by our employees on behalf our management. We are only responsible for our own use of the personal information received on the social media websites.
Data Protection / Grievance Officer:
Should you have any grievances or complaints regarding the processing of your personal information, please reach out to our Grievance Officer at [email protected]